Here’s how it works:
Violin lessons for busy people:
We’ll connect you with the right teacher, someone who understands your goals and makes you actually want to practice. Zoom lessons let you squeeze in violin between meetings, after school, or when the family has gone to bed. You can cancel or reschedule your lessons at any time, for any reason.
Groundbreaking technology and instant feedback:
When you’re not in a lesson, Trala uses signal processing, cutting edge technology that analyzes the sound of your violin and gives you instant feedback on pitch and rhythm every time you practice. When you play the wrong notes, we’ll help you get back on track.
Curriculum built by concertmasters and rockstars:
Learn violin by playing the music you love - whether that’s Bach, Britney (Spears), Bluegrass, or (Bela) Bartok. Stay motivated between lessons with the world’s largest library of violin videos and exercises featuring folks like Joshua Bell, Katie Jacoby (The Who), and Kiana June Weber.
Built-in violin tuner:
Trala’s in-app violin tuner provides high-precision tuning while teaching you the skills to tune by ear. During your first violin lesson, your teacher will show you how to quickly get in tune with Trala’s violin tuner.
Expansive sheet music library
Trala’s interactive sheet music library will teach you 500+ beloved songs, from Happy Birthday to Bach partitas. With the help of your Trala teacher, learn to play folk, blues, Celtic fiddle, classical, and jazz sheet music. Want to learn a song that’s not in the app? Tell your Trala teacher, and they’ll provide you with the sheet music.
Trala’s mission is to make world-class music education available to every single person on Earth. We’re here to give you the lessons, feedback, and support you need to become a violinist. Over 400,000 students from 193+ countries have downloaded Trala to learn violin.
Meet our violin teachers and curriculum experts,
Some of the most exciting violinists teach at Trala, including:
- Joshua Bell, Grammy award winning violinist
- Katie Jacoby, electric violinist for The Who
- Monique Brooks Roberts, session musician for Lizzo and Alicia Keys
- Kiana June Weber, the world’s preeminent Celtic fiddler
- Dr. Nuné Melik, classical violinist, musicologist, and humanitarian
- Grace Youn, renowned Suzuki-certified expert in the fundamentals
- Rasa Mahmoudian, concertmaster of the Iran‐Austria Symphony Orchestra
Trala requires a monthly subscription. Trala subscriptions include a discounted first month. Our offerings are:
- App + 1 violin lesson / month: USD $9.99 first month and then USD $44.99 for every month after
- App + 2 violin lessons / month: USD $24.99 first month and then USD $79.99 for every month after
- App + 4 violin lessons / month: USD $44.99 first month and then USD $139.99 for every month after
- App + 4 double length violin lessons/month: USD $69.99 first month and then USD $279.99 for every month after
- The subscription is auto-renewing. Payment will be charged at the time of purchase and will auto-renew until you unsubscribe
- Unsubscribe via the Play Store page at least 24 hrs in advance to avoid paying for the next cycle
- You will be charged the full subscription amount up to 24 hrs before the renewal date
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription
- Cancellations take effect at the end of the current subscription period
- Unused lessons roll over to the next month for 1 year
- Scheduled lessons are honored even if lessons subscription is cancelled
- Lessons can be cancelled up to 24 hrs prior to the scheduled time
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to chat with a real violinist.
Trala uses the open-source library Verovio (www.verovio.org).