"The Hat" game is a fun intellectual game for a company of friends to explain and guess words.
New! Play with friends online via Skype/Zoom or other video/audio systems!
How many times did you want to play but unwillingness to write words and mess around with papers stopped you? Now everything is in the past!
- it is not necessary to look for paper and a pen you don’t need to invent anything you can IMMEDIATELY play;
- during the turn it is not necessary to spend time on unfolding the paper;
- no need to understand someone's handwriting now all words can be seen clearly;
- you can take "The Hat" in the bar or on the road!
What makes our application better
- a unique regularly updated dictionary of 13+ thousand words from the site shlyapa-game.ru;
- the ability to create your own dictionaries - now your favorite words will fall into the game;
- online game mode - play with your friends via skype/zoom/etc;
- the possibility to create teams with as many players as you want;
- the possibility to draw players;
- the ability to save game and load it later;
- the ability to play several rounds with the same words;
- "Personal game" mode - you play for yourself not for the team;
- "Robbery" mode - last word can be explained by players from any team;
- nice design and user-friendly interface.
The process of the game
In the first round each participant tries to explain to his companion as many words as possible until the time for the turn is over. Нou cannot use words with the same root and any similar words. "The Hat" (phone) is passed between the players according to the sequence shown on the screen. The game continues until no words are left in the hat.
In the second round players explain the words using only gestures and not saying anything out loud (as in the games "Crocodile" or "Mime"). In the explanations also can not use objects and indicate their color shape etc.
In the third round (1 option) ー player can use only one word to explain the word from the hat. (2 option) ー player needs to draw the word on a paper/whiteboard without using any gestures and not saying anything out loud. Player cannot draw letters.
The team that has the most explained words in total wins.