With the Tenjin Japanese dictionary, you can :
- browse words, kanji, grammar points, with many examples.
- read Japanese texts with the app providing furigana, meanings and grammar points. Thousands of free Japanese novels are available.
- ask questions about Japanese and filter, count or browse the results.
- customize the rendering for Japanese : with or without Kanji, Kana, romaji, furigana, pronounciation...
- prioritize the languages for the display of meanings and senses.
The Japanese dictionary and the Japanese Text readers are completely free and fully fonctionnal. they just work (offline), with no ads and few android permissions.
There is a single (cheap) in-app purchase to unlock all advanced (optionnal) features on all your android devices (this pledge from 2012 still holds)
Reading a Japanese text in the Text reader gives a good measure of the benefits of unlocking the app (provided you have english in your languages, to access the grammar points)
The users from my unpublished pro apps (Tenjin pro and Michiko pro) can set this app up on new devices and unlock it (in the drawer, there is a button just for that purpose).
For the users who are interested in the following features :
- download free Japanese novels from the Aozora Bunko library (requires internet access)
- import Japanese texts from files (requires file read access)
- unlock the app as a legacy Tenjin or Michiko pro user (requires a license check)
the app will prompt you to install a (safe, free, adfree) extension app and then it will just work.
This was designed like this because I did not want the Japanese dictionary to require unnecessary android permissions.