Celestial navigation - Astronavigation
- Marcq Saint Hilaire Line of Position intercept method (p=Ho-Hc Zn)
- Input for observed altitude Ho or instrumental Hs (Nautical Almanac data needed for the Sun and the Moon)
- Calculator altitude Hc and azimuth Zn
- Running fix
- Plots up to 3 Marcq Saint Hilaire Lines of Position on Google maps
- Local hour angle (LHA)
Sight reduction is the process of deriving from a sight the information needed for establishing a line of position.
This app is a calculator to get the intercept from the assumed position of the observer AP(latitude longitude) the geographical position of the celestial body observed GP(Dec GHA) and its corrected altitude Ho.
Manual and examples in the developer's website.
- Zoom buttons +/-
- Map types standard terrain and satellite
- GPS location. ("Location" App permission must be allowed. Switch on you GPS and then automatic location detection is possible)