When learning Thai coming from a western language, one of the first difficulty are the tones. Thai is a tonal language and it has 5 tones which are "Mid", "Low", "Falling", "High" and "Rising".
If you are in restaurant and order for rice ( ข้าว - khaao falling tone) but instead say White (ขาว - Khaao rising tone) or News (ข่าว - Khaao Low tone), you might not be understood.
That's why, at the beginning of your learning process of the Thai language, it's important to do an effort on saying words correctly.
What a better way than learning to read Thai which gives you all that information already! The rules are overwhelming at the beginning and that's where this app helps you by using color to build an easy way to learn, remember, and practice your Thai reading skill perfectly.
--How does it work?
If you don't know anything about Thai consonant or vowel, don't be afraid, it's really not that hard (at least it's much easier than speaking ;))! Use the simple card system to learn all the basics then switch to the words cards and finally to the sentences card which will give you context on how to use words.
Read Write Speak Thai is "the" tool to use when you are learning Thai. See it as a toolbox with a lot of feature to help you.
Being able to read, write, and speak Thai in Thailand will give you a considerable advantage in many situations and it will be really appreciated by locals.
- Over 800 useful sentences colored, with spaces, sounds and romanization.
- Over 5500 words with definition and example sentences to learn Thai the best way.
- The complete set of Thai alphabet with consonant and vowels in a card format easy to swipe.
- Find a Thai teacher! You need help to learn Thai? Look in the list of teacher for some private lesson.
- An easy and clear way to display a set of sentences based on word search/category/tone or sources
- Sound feature: Play a word, play the whole sentence by a simple click.
- Sound feature: AutoPlay a whole deck of sentences.
- Sound feature: Loop over and over the same sentence.
- You can select between 6 Thai fonts. The best way to learn different font
- Did you reach the next level? Remove the space between words or remove the color indicating the tones.
- Each sentence has his translation in English.
- Favorite sentences to practice them in one batch.
- Copy the sentence by doing a double press on it then paste it on a chat or somewhere else.
- Games: Find the translations, Find the sounds
- Features that are in Building State
- More and more useful sentence
- Create your own deck of sentences.
- Flashcard: Space-repetition algorithm to help you remember better.
We are listening to your feedback, so don't hesitate to rate us or contact us via Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/readthaifunapp/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org