Dyslexic students use Omoguru for fluency practice in an enjoyable way. The app supports school and independent reading needs of every dyslexic student ages 10 - 16 but also works great for adults.
What’s the secret? Visually comfortable font system and tools designed to make the text more readable. Research proves it reduces reading time, mistakes and mental effort. So far dyslexics read 150 000 pages with it. And it is free.
"Fin loved the app, by the way. Is genuinely excited about it, and tried to use it to read a book this morning while we were asleep. Him wanting to read a book on his own is definitely a first, so thank you!”
Select a text from a preloaded library or add your own. The benefit the app provides is the ability to adjust the text and apply changes to the text which fit the reader's need perfectly.
This is how tools support finding what works best for you:
- Font Type - From A to E respectively longer letter “necks” and “tails” help to decode the words.
- Syllables marking (with different colors) to keep reading rhythm
- Spacing between the lines and between the letters
- Weight of the font
- Font size
- The background color for better text
- Marking mirror letters to avoid mental rotation
It usually takes under a minute to make these adjustments.
Select between two reading styles each with a tool that helps with focus and following lines.
The result of using Omoguru Reader is better fluency and reading skills.
We do offer Omoguru Premium:
- Add an e-book or convert PDF, DocX, Mobi, Txt
- Convert a photo of the print to digital text and save it as a note
The current Omoguru Premium subscription is 4.49 USD/month or 42 USD/year. With a single account, Omoguru works on both smartphones and tablets.