What is a nursing care plan?
A nursing care plan (NCP) is a formal process that includes correctly identifying existing needs, as well as recognizing potential needs or risks. Care plans also provide a means of communication among nurses, their patients, and other healthcare providers to achieve health care outcomes. Without the nursing care planning process, quality and consistency in patient care would be lost.
Nursing care planning begins when the client is admitted to the agency and is continuously updated throughout in response to client’s changes in condition and evaluation of goal achievement. Planning and delivering individualized or patient-centered care is the basis for excellence in nursing practice.
Types of Nursing Care Plans
Care plans can be informal or formal:
Informal nursing care plan is a strategy of action that exists in the nurse’s mind.
A formal nursing care plan is a written or computerized guide that organizes information about the client’s care.
Formal care plans are further subdivided into standardized care plan, and individualized care plan: Standardized care plans specify the nursing care for groups of clients with everyday needs. Individualized care plans are tailored to meet the unique needs of a specific client or needs that are not addressed by the standardized care plan.
Objectives of a Nursing Care Plan
The following are the goals and objectives of writing a nursing care plan:
• Promote evidence-based nursing care and to render pleasant and familiar conditions in hospitals or health centers.
• Support holistic care which involves the whole person including physical, psychological, social and spiritual in relation to management and prevention of the disease.
• Establish programs such as care pathways and care bundles. Care pathways involve a team effort in order to come to a consensus with regards to standards of care and expected outcomes while care bundles are related to best practice with regards to care given for a specific disease.
• Identify and distinguish goals and expected outcome.
• Review communication and documentation of the care plan.
• Measure nursing care.
Main Features of Nursing Care App:
🥼 nursing care plan
🥼 nursing diagnosis
🥼 nanda nursing diagnosis
🥼 nursing diagnosis for pneumonia
🥼 nursing diagnosis for diabetes