nRF Connect for Mobile is a powerful generic tool that allows you to scan, advertise and explore your Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices and communicate with them. nRF Connect supports number of Bluetooth SIG adopted profiles together with Device Firmware Update profile (DFU) from Nordic Semiconductors and Mcu Manager on Zephyr and Mynewt.
- Scans for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices
- Parses advertisement data
- Shows RSSI graph, allows export to CSV and Excel formats
- Connects to a connectible the Bluetooth LE device
- Discoveries and parses services and characteristics
- Allows to read and write characteristics
- Allows to enable and disable notifications and indications
- Supports Reliable Write
- Parses number of characteristics adopted by Bluetooth SIG
- Bluetooth LE advertising (Android 5+ required)
- Read and update PHY (Android 8+ required)
- GATT Server configuration
- Supports Device Firmware Update (DFU) profile which let the user to upload a new application, SoftDevice or a bootloader over-the-air (OTA)
- Supports McuMgr, profile that lets the user control and update Zephyr-based devices
- Supports the Nordic UART Service
- Allow to record and replay common operations using Macros
- Allows to perform automated tests defined in XML file on Bluetooth LE devices.
Visit the GitHub page: https://github.com/NordicSemiconductor/Android-nRF-Connect for more information about automated tests.
- Supported on Android version 4.3 or later.
- nRF5x Development kits can be ordered from http://www.nordicsemi.com/eng/Buy-Online.
Works well with nRF Logger application, that will store your logs in case something bad happens with nRF Connect.
Download nRF Logger from: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=no.nordicsemi.android.log