Listen And Speak English - Content
1. Start with believing in yourself
“I was afraid to speak. I was scared people would make fun of me. Will they judge me?
One day I thought if so many people can even I can. So I spoke in English and my confidence increased.”
2. Listen. Speak. Read. Write. Repeat.
Listen a little. Speak a little. Read a little. Write a little. Then listen a little more. Speak a little more. Read a little more. Write a little more. Do this till it becomes a habit.
3. Keep your ears open.
English is everywhere. It’s in online videos news channels on radio. So listen and build your vocabulary.
4. Find the answer in the question
Questions are like mirrors. Reverse the question and find the answer.
Does he…? Yes he does
Is it…? Yes it is
Can you? Yes I can
5. Make the mirror your best friend
Speak to it in English and it will make you feel confident about the way you are speaking.
6. Read full sentences
You learnt Hindi Tamil or Telugu in full sentences. Then why should learning English be any different. Read full sentences speak in sentences.
7. Keep calm and do not worry about grammar.
Remember even those who speak English fluently make grammatical mistakes. But what they do right is communicate without worrying about them.
8. Find an English newspaper and learn a word a day
Keep your fear of new English words away.
9. Use the word before it leaves you.
Use the new word immediately to feel confident about it’s usage.
10. Practice. Practice. Practice. Till it makes you perfect.
There are no shortcuts in life. Definitely no shortcuts to learn English.