Word letter Lingo is a word game whose objective is to guess a hidden word.
Word letter Lingo has 5 game modes:
- Mix: The number of letters of the words to guess is random, each word has between 4 and 7 letters.
- 4x4: The words to guess have 4 letters.
- 5x5: The words to guess have 5 letters.
- 6x6: The words to guess have 6 letters.
- 7x7: The words to guess have 7 letters.
The operation of the Lingo is very simple:
- Each Lingo game begins with the first letter or letters of the word to be guessed.
- The player writes a word with the same number of letters as the word to guess.
- If there is a letter in the correct place, the square of the letter turns green.
- If one of the letters is in the word, but it is not in the correct place, the square of the letter turns yellow.
- If the letter is not in the word, the square of the letter remains blue.
- To hit each word, the player has as many attempts as there are letters in the word to guess:
- To guess a 4 letter word there are 4 opportunities
- To guess a 5 letter word there are 5 chances
- To guess a 6 letter word there are 6 chances
- To guess a 7 letter word there are 7 opportunities
- For each attempt you have 50 seconds. If the maximum time is exceeded, the squares turn red and an attempt is lost.
- The word that the player writes must be in the game's dictionary. If the proposed word is not valid it does not appear on the game board.
- When a word is guessed, a new word appears to match.
- The game ends when all attempts to guess a word are exhausted.