Lightning is a simple fast web browser that focuses on design security and efficiency. It uses material design doesn't track you give you lots of options to protect your privacy. It gets out of the way of the user. I built this browser because I wanted something better.
● Ad blocking - Blocking ads is a core feature of Lightning Browser meant to improve the speed and security of your browsing experience.
● Design - Lightning's interface was carefully crafted so you can browse as efficiently as possible. Tabs and Bookmarks are all tucked neatly away in side drawers only a swipe away allowing maximum screen viewing with minimal interference from the browser's chrome. Dark Mode Light Mode Color Mode Night Mode... Anyway whatever you like there's a mode for you.
● Speed - By utilizing the WebKit rendering engine that comes built into your Android device Lightning can ensure a swift lightweight experience.
● Privacy - Use Incognito Mode to browse without leaving a footprint download Orbot and turn on TOR proxy support to mask your identify and location use StartPage or DuckDuckGo for your search engine or disable settings that you think leave you at risk. Whatever your concern Lightning will try to help.
● Features - Full-screen check. Inverted Rendering check. All the search engines you want check. Search Suggestions Bookmarks History User Agents Reading Mode whatever you need Lightning does it.
● Open-source - Just as Android open-source so is Lightning. I believe that the best software is built when communities come together to engineer the best solution. Head over to the repository on GitHub to contribute or translate.
● Free - Check out the paid version for AdBlock and Unlimited Tabs. Free version is limited to ten tabs open at a time.
● permission.INTERNET Needed to access the internet for browsing
● permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE Needed for downloading files and backing up data
● permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE Needed for downloading files and restoring data
● permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION Needed for sites that want your location (you can deny location access)
● permission.CAMERA Used for WebRTC - disabled by default
● permission.RECORD_AUDIO Used for WebRTC - disabled by default
Talk to me on Twitter https//twitter.com/RestainoAnthony
Fork me on GitHub https//github.com/anthonycr/Lightning-Browser
Become a beta tester https//plus.google.com/communities/108746004608718111703