GeyserTimes is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the acquisition, preservation and dissemination of geyser-related data.
EXPLORE THE LATEST GEYSER ACTIVITY
• Check out daily geyser activity in summary or timeline mode.
• Click on eruptions and notes for more details, such as comments, confirms, flags and attachments.
• Hover over or long click on eruptions and notes for popups with additional information.*
• View the latest information on your favorite geysers in a personalized for you screen.
• Analyze geyser behavior using interval and duration charts.
PLAN YOUR DAY WITH PREDICTIONS
• View predictions made by the National Park Service.
• View predictions made by GeyserTimes, which are available for additional geysers and recalculated while offline.
(ℹ️: Geysers are natural features without a schedule and estimates are derived from user reports.)
WATCH THE WEBCAM
• View the Old Faithful live stream directly on your phone.
• Cast the Old Faithful live stream to your TV using Google Chromecast.
SUBMIT YOUR OBSERVATIONS
• Enter eruption times for geysers.
• Determine eruption durations with ease using the included stopwatch.
• Enter notes to document interesting geyser behavior.
• Comment on other entries to add additional details.
• Confirm or flag entries.
• Add attachments to entries, such as YouTube videos or Flickr photos.
(🔒: Free GeyserTimes account required. Don't have an account? Sign up within the app.)
DON'T RELY ON A CONNECTION
• Access the latest activity even when no connection is available thanks to an offline database.
• Submit your latest observations even when offline.
• Downlaod additional data if more is required.
• Delete unused data to save storage on your device.
(⚠️: Internet connection required for sync and download.)
• Location Permission: used to suggest nearby geysers. If you deny this permission, suggestions will be based on your last entered eruption instead.
• Approximate Location Permission: used to calculate sunrise and sunset time for automatic night mode. If you deny this permission, fixed times will be used instead.
• Google Analytics for Firebase: collects usage and behavior data for improving the user experience. You can opt out within the settings.
• Firebase Crashlytics: collects crash reports for faster and easier bug fixes. You can opt out within the settings.
• GeyserTimes Account: for the attribution and credibility of data users must identify themselves using their real name and email address to submit data. All data can be accessed without an account, though.
SEND FEEDBACK & RECOMMEND US
GeyserTimes is developed and maintained with love, sweat and tears by volunteers and will continue to evolve as we strive to provide the best experience to our users. Therefore, we welcome any feedback or suggestions and are thankful for all bug and crash reports. If you like our app, please consider rating us and recommending us to your friends.
⚠️ IMPORTANT NOTICE ⚠️
Even though GeyserTimes is optimized for offline use, a data connection is required to retrieve updated data. As cellular data connectivity and Wi-Fi availability is limited in Yellowstone, we recommend downloading and setting up the app before you arrive as well as syncing the app before leaving your accommodation every day.
(* Compatible devices include the Samsung Galaxy S and Note series)