Trace a map with your finger and Footpath will snap to roads and trails. Measure distance and elevation in seconds.
Mix up your routine and plan out a new running route or bike ride or plan a scenic road trip or multiday hiking adventure. Footpath allows you to plan custom routes quicker and easier than ever before.
Join over a million adventurers using Footpath Route Planner and pave your own path.
Snap to map
Quickly measure distances by tracing a map with your finger. Footpath will snap to any roads bike paths hiking trails or paths you can find on Footpath's topo maps. Footpath can even snap to rivers and railroads.
Measure distance and elevation
Know exactly how far and how high you'll travel with an accurate distance measure and detailed elevation profiles. Plan a precise route that matches your mileage goal or use as a distance tracker if you run without a phone.
Save routes for later
Marathon training or planning a backpacking trip? Sign up for a free account to save up to 5 routes at a time or save an unlimited number of routes with Footpath Elite.
Find a cool hiking trail on the web? Import GPX files from anywhere to analyze or save for later.
Send your routes to friends or workout partners and let them partake in your adventure.
Footpath is designed to work in any country and for any activity or adventure you can imagine
• Running walking and hiking
• Cycling and mountain biking
• Motorcycling and driving
• Kayaking canoeing and standup paddleboarding
• Backcountry skiing
• And many more!
Ready to go the extra mile? Upgrading to a Footpath Elite subscription unlocks the following powerful features
• Premium topo maps & overlays including USGS Topo Maps OpenCycleMap bike paths avalanche slope shading elevation contour lines and many more
• Offline map downloads follow your route even without cell service
• Cue sheets list out the full turn-by-turn directions for your route so you know exactly where to turn
• Organize save unlimited routes and sort routes into custom lists
• Export export GPX files directly to Garmin Connect Wahoo ELEMNT COROS and other apps
• GPS Devices export TCX and FIT courses for turn-by-turn navigation on select Garmin and Wahoo running watches and cycling computers
Tips for mapping routes
• For a longer route try zooming in and mapping your route in multiple segments.
• Tap and hold the map to quickly route between waypoints and POIs.
• Did Footpath snap to the wrong roads? Trace over the incorrect segment to edit or use the eraser tool.
• Turn off snap to roads (magnet icon) and zoom in to manually trace the map. (Try switching to a satellite layer).
We've got a lot planned for Footpath. If you have any suggestions or feedback or if you run into any issues please contact us at email@example.com