Would you like to view and analyze COMTRADE files - fault current and voltage - taken from protection relays in electrical power systems? Would you like to calculate fault impedance and fault location on the electrical power systems transmission lines?
This app is an essential tool for electrical power system engineers especially substation protection and control engineers. Use this app for viewing COMTRADE files, and analyzing fault and disturbance on electrical power systems. This app calculates fault impedance and fault location on electrical power system transmission lines.
* Viewing CFG files, COMTRADE files, All formats, ASCII and BINARY
* Complete analysis of the COMTRADE files
* Calculating fault impedance in each phase
* Calculating fault location in transmission lines
* Calculating positive-, negative- and zero-sequence components of current and voltage
* Calculating the zero sequence compensation factor (K0 , RE , XE)
* Vector diagrams - Plotting fault currents and voltages
* Plotting fault impedance
* Plotting impedance trajectory
* Using RIO files from protection relay
* Showing all results and formulas
* Showing results in primary and secondary
* Saving the Data
* Sharing the results
* A text example to show how this app performs calculations
* Explaining the abbreviations used in power system engineering and this app
Use CFG files - COMTRADE files - for calculating fault impedance and fault location. COMTRADE formats are COMTRADE 1991, 1999, and 2013. Both ASCII and BINARY formats are supported. What does the COMTRADE word stand for? It means Common (COM) format for transient (TRA) Data (D) Exchange (E) for electrical power systems. COMTRADE files are created by power system protective relays or digital fault recorders. Download the COMTRADE files from protection relays like distance protection relays on electrical power systems. Copy the files (*.CFG & *.DAT) in your mobile to use them in this app.
Enter the line characteristics on this app for calculating fault location. The line characteristics are positive sequence impedance (Z1) and zero sequence impedance (Z0) of transmission line. The app calculates the zero sequence compensation factor (K0) automatically.
You can enter the current transformer ratio and voltage transformer ratio to calculate the primary and secondary values. It also calculates relay ratio and CT Ratio and VT Ratio.
The app calculates Phase-Earth and Phase-Phase loop impedances to determine the fault location. It can calculate the fault location in percent or kilometer.
Fault Locator App is continuously under development, with more features yet to come. Any feedback and bug-reports are greatly appreciated. Please email the suggestions and bugs of this app.
If you liked this app, please rate and comment it on Google Play. Your feedback is important to me.
Rain App Development Company
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org