DuHanZi is an application that provides reading articles in both simplified and traditional Chinese, written by native speakers, to help you test and improve your Chinese skills. Main features:
• Study Chinese with 600+ Mandarin lessons that are divided into 6 difficulty levels: beginner - HSK1, elementary - HSK2, intermediate - HSK3, upper-intermediate - HSK4, advanced - HSK5 and proficient - HSK6, so that you can choose the reading material according to your Chinese level.
• You can listen to the text read aloud by native Mandarin speakers or by the text-to-speech engine. Audio can be paused, stopped or skipped.
• Possibility to display pinyin at the touch of a button.
• English translation available for all the lessons to help you test your understanding of the read text.
• Popup window with word’s translation when you click on a Chinese characters. The popup includes buttons for saving the word for later reference, listen to its pronunciation or share it outside the app.
• Reading comprehension tests for beginner, elementary and intermediate level stories.
• Favorite stories section.
• Words section that includes Word of the day, Saved words and Touched words.
• Night mode available to let you read in the dark without straining your eyes. It can be activated in Settings.
• Daily interesting Chinese sayings on the homepage.
• New lessons added every week, covering many topics that let you learn interesting things about China and not only.
• Plenty of free content.
• No online account is required to access the content.
If you would like to see new features added or, if you find any bugs, please send us a feedback using the form included in the app.
* The application requires a working internet connection in order to download content.