Have you ever wanted to see how what’s going on in the network, how your personal data and which data is used by applications?
Draeneg is a mobile application to monitor the network traffic directly on your device without requiring any USB connection to a PC. It unveils the personal and network data used by your (other) applications. You can analyse in details the network traffic to see what's going on with your data: make sure that your applications are compliant with your privacy! We also propose measurement of relevant performance metrics on Web pages and mobile applications to give you some insight into the quality of your experience on mobile Internet.
Draneg allows you to:
• monitor the network traffic and capture IP packets using the pcap format
• filter the traffic by application, transport protocol or DNS domain
• list in details all network connections between your device and the cloud
• visualize HTTP archives (HAR) to get details of HTTP connections issued by an application
• get performance metrics of Web pages and applications to have insight into the user-perceived quality of experience
• block DNS domains to protect you from unwanted or malicious content for a more secure and enhanced experience on Internet
• set up a parental control on a mobile device
Draeneg is designed following a non-intrusive methodology with respect to your privacy. Everything Draeneg does stays locally and uniquely on your device, and no data is flowed outside to any cloud server.
Blogs talk about Draeneg: