* No device rooting is required for all the described features;
* Local shell terminal emulator with libusb support and a command line tool to interact with the Android environment; enjoy any Linux distribution under PRoot right on your phone:
- flash and debug MCUs in case your programmer uses libusb (OpenOCD with a wide range of dongles, for example);
* USB & Bluetooth serial (UART) ports terminal;
* SSH and Telnet terminal;
* Adequate screen input methods as long as a terminal requires specific keyboard functions;
* Ability to set fixed screen columns and/or rows number.
* Minimum supported Android version is 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
* Supported USB UART devices: Generic USB CDC, CP210X, FTDI, PL2303, CH34x, CP2130 SPI-USB.
* Bluetooth SPP UART devices are supported.
* Local Linux pty is supported. Feel free to use PRoot with some Linux environment: https://green-green-avk.github.io/AnotherTerm-docs/installing-linux-under-proot.html#main_content .
* Shell tool to interact with the Android environment is also present.
- Content exchange between other applications and own files / pipes has been implemented.
- It also works in chrooted environments (PRoot at least).
- USB and Bluetooth serial port dongles access from the command line is also implemented.
- libusb support on nonrooted Android with hot plug/unplug events, see https://green-green-avk.github.io/AnotherTerm-docs/installing-libusb-for-nonrooted-android.html#main_content .
- Custom plugins to access the Android environment and own API to create them as separate APKs.
* Telnet (no encryption).
* Supported SSH features: zlib compression, port forwarding, password and public key authentication.
* No MoSH, sorry.
* Terminal screen columns and/or rows number can be set fixed.
* Builtin screen keyboard and mouse.
* Hardware buttons mapping.
* Different charsets and customizable key mapping support.
* The application packed into single universal APK for all architectures that makes it possible to be installed on additional devices even being offline.
3rd party components:
* USB UART: https://github.com/felHR85/UsbSerial
* SSH: http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/
* Console font: https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/dejavu-sans-mono
Source code: https://github.com/green-green-avk/AnotherTerm