Rebuild society after the climate apocalypse! Can you keep your settlement alive?
After the Storm is a 185000 word speculative fiction interactive novel written by Luiza Alves and illustrated by Will Jamison. It's mostly text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast unstoppable power of your imagination.
Climate change has run its course and you have to deal with the consequences. Pick your way through a heartbreaking post-apocalyptic landscape and try to obtain some sunglasses. Gather allies or go it alone hold on to your humanity or lose it in the directionless expanse. Establish a settlement open up trade defend yourself against invaders build a better world or just one you can stand to live in.
Will you create a community based on shared values or under strict rule? Will you carve out a life for yourself? Fall in love? Start a family? Make art? Or will you fail to protect your settlement and spend your days in exile?
• Play as male female or non-binary; gay straight bi or asexual.
• Go out of your way to help others or focus on your own survival.
• Recruit and romance a surly doctor a talkative mechanic a sensitive artist or a stalwart leader.
• Turn on the stars in a long-abandoned planetarium.
• Defeat a gang of invaders in battle or outsmart them.
• Bring civilization back with a revolutionary power source supercrop miracle cure or strategic alliance.
• Rise to power in your new world order or focus on helping your community.
• Start a family adopt a stray cat and write a book!